MusiCounts Band Aid Program Overview
What: The MusiCounts Band Aid Program provides up to $15,000 worth of musical instruments and equipment to school music programs to ensure their continued success and sustained growth. Instruments provided are awarded in allotments between $5,000 and $15,000.
Who Can Apply: Elementary, Jr. High, Secondary, and Separate schools in Canada for their school music programs.
When: Applications for the next round will re-open in September 2019.
How: Please review all information and criteria below and apply via the buttons below.
Information On This Page
- Application Process & Timelines
- Materials & Information You Need To Apply to the MusiCounts Band Aid Program
- Sample Application & Checklist
- Eligibility Criteria
- Evaluation Criteria
- Frequently Asked Questions
ACCESS THE APPLICATION
Please note 2018-2019 MusiCounts Band Aid Program applications are now closed. All applicants will be notified in February 2019 on the status of their application. If you have any questions please contact [email protected]
1. Specific information on the school music program(s)
- # of students in the school and music program(s)
- Information on the school’s music teacher(s) and the framework of your school’s music program
2. Inventory of current musical instruments
- What instruments does your program already have, and what condition are the instruments in?
3. Musical instrument wish list
- What instruments does your school music program require to be more successful and continue to grow?
4. Business Number/ Charitable Number of the School or School Board
5. Supporting Information
6. Information on your music program’s need level, unique stories, and the potential impact of an instrument grant. To demonstrate this you will be asked to answer questions such as:
- Why you need this supply of instruments (including any information on need level of school and school community)?
- Are the instruments you’re requesting essential to the current success and future growth of your music program?
- What makes your music program unique? Are there any individual stories that make this program stand out?
- Does your music program serve any in-need, at-risk or marginalized communities?
- What barriers do students face to accessing music education?
Band Aid - Useful Tools
Early Bird Deadline
Post Reports & Content Sharing
The MusiCounts Band Aid Program is open to elementary, jr. high, secondary and separate school music programs in Canada operating within a government board of education. The music program may be curricular or extracurricular, but the instruments and equipment received through this program must be owned by the recipient school and must be used by the school’s students on a regular basis.
- Community music programs, but don’t worry we have another program for that! Please visit the MusiCounts TD Community Music Program page.
- Schools that have received a grant from MusiCounts in the last five years.
- School music programs outside of Canada.
- Other groups or organizations including private foundations, political organizations, athletic teams, social groups, research organizations, universities, fundraising initiatives or scholarship organizations.
- Schools that discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, disability or religion.
Band Aid Impact Numbers
There are many factors considered when evaluating MusiCounts Band Aid Program applications. Each school program is unique, but below are the main criteria used to evaluate applications:
- Socio-economic need of the program and the school community
- Inventory and condition of current instruments
- Program framework, sustainability of the program, and dedication of school staff to support the program
- Number of students participating in the program and overall impact on the school community
- Community support of the program, which could include people such as parents, school board members, parent council members, etc.
- Unique stories about students and the program that show the need level and the potential impact of MusiCounts instruments