Music Education Charity of Canada (MECC)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting information, application or materials, you agree, on behalf of yourself, your directors, officers, employees, affiliates, licensors, successors, assigns and any person (s) associated with your information or submission materials, to the following terms and conditions:
- Once received by MECC, any information, application, entry fees, or submission materials will become the property of MECC and will not be refundable or returnable in any circumstances. If paying anything by cheque, you acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds in your account to cover your cheque. If your cheque is returned for insufficient funds, you will be responsible to MECC for any bank penalties or fees imposed on MECC.
- MECC and/or any third party acting on behalf of MECC will have the sole discretion to determine what constitutes an incomplete application or submission.
- By sending in any application or submission, you acknowledge that you have the authority to send us such application or submission and to agree to these Terms and Conditions. You grant to MECC a no-charge, non-exclusive license to use an application or submission, and to permit the download and/or stream of the submission, by MECC and users authorized by MECC (including judges, third parties acting on behalf of MECC to administer or operate the judging process), for the purposes of reviewing and judging your application or submission as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- All processes relating to applications and submissions will be reviewed from time to time and are subject to change at any time at the discretion of MECC Board of Directors.
- You acknowledge that as part of your application or submission you will provide personally identifiable information relating to you and/or other individuals (“Personal Information”). You hereby acknowledge that MECC and/or any third party acting on behalf of MECC may collect, use and disclose to third parties such Personal Information for the purpose of: (i) evaluating and judging an application or submission, and administering the judging process; (ii) communicating with you regarding a submission and/or participation in MECC related events and activities; You hereby consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Information for such purposes. In the event that any Personal Information relates to any individual other than you, you hereby represent and warrant to MECC that you have obtained the consent of any such individual so that you may grant the foregoing consent to MECC on behalf of such individual.
- MECC will not be responsible for any claims, liabilities or costs arising from: (i) lost, damaged, copied or stolen submission materials arising from any cause, including negligence of MECC and/or any third party acting on behalf of MECC; or (ii) any failure by MECC and/or any third party acting on behalf of MECC to give notices or to apply MECC’s policies and procedures in a consistent manner. You hereby waive, and hereby release MECC and all third parties acting on behalf of MECC from, any and all claims you may have in connection with any of the foregoing.