IN MEMORY OF JEREMY JOHN STAPLETON (JJ)
Born in Grimsby Ontario, March 5, 1973, Resting peacefully in Langley British Columbia, December 1, 2019.
Jeremy was beyond passionate about all styles of music, being the son of a musical father. The violin was his first instrument of choice at age 5, followed by the piano. He then mastered the bass guitar starting in high school in Stoney Creek, Ontario and continuing onto Vancouver Island’s Malaspina College in Naniamo where he began building his musical legacy leading to his final Jazz Fusion Rock Band, Crinkum Crankum (link provided below). Jeremy listened to and was influenced by musicians and bands such as Shawn Lane & Jonas Hellborg, Bela Fleck and Victor Wooten, Bill Evans Trio, Tool, Primus, Dream Theater, Flea/RHCP!
Jeremy Musical History
- Mid 90s attended Malaspina College Jazz Performance Program
- Mid late 90s studied privately with jazz great Pat Coleman
- Late ‘90s Vancouver Island jazz trio “Cathedral Groove” and briefly jump swing band “The Hogg”
- Mid 2000s Toronto based jazz trio “The New Interpreters”
- Late 2000s Toronto recorded ep of his originals called “The Magnolia”
- 2018/19 Vancouver based fusion trio “Crinkum Crankum”
Aside from his extreme love of music, Jeremy enjoyed downhill mountain biking on Mount Fromme (Vancouver’s North Shore) and Whistler Bike Park, off roading in his Jeep, surfing the waves of La Push, Chesterman’s Beach & Wickaninnish in Tofino, hiking Teapot Hill, camping with his children (Aja Rain & Jazz Stone) at Deception Pass, or anything out doors. He also really enjoyed watching ALL sports, but specifically, he was a Huge fan and supporter of the NFL Chicago Bears. He had a love for traveling and especially loved New Orleans where he was married to his loving wife, Lynsay. He will forever be missed by all.
For all recordings released on ep, visit www.crinkumcrankhumband.com.