- About Us
- Our Programs
- Band Aid Program
- Teacher of the Year
- MusiCounts TD Community Music Program
MusiCounts and TD Bank Group are proud to announce the MusiCounts TD Community Music Program.
MusiCounts and TD banded together to expand programming designed specifically to create opportunities for youth in under served communities across Canada. The MusiCounts TD Community Music Program will provide musical instruments and equipment to community centres, after-school programs and other community non-profit organizations serving local communities that have great potential yet are in need of funding to ensure their sustained growth.
These instruments have the potential to be transformational and impact thousands of young Canadians and support diverse music programs in communities from coast to coast.
Applications will be accepted starting February 18 – May 20, 2016. Recipients will be notified in late July, 2016.
The funding through the MusiCounts TD Community Music Program will be offered in allotments ranging from $10,000 to $25,000 to deserving programs.
MusiCounts TD Community Music Program will be open to non-profit organizations that operate outside of Provincial Departments of Education. Both non-profit and/or registered charitable organizations with pre-existing music programs and/or non-profit organizations that want to introduce a music program to complement their current programming are eligible for grant consideration.
The following types of organizations, activities or purposes are not eligible for grant consideration:
– School music programs
– Programs serving residents of communities outside of Canada
– Programs that have received funding through the MusiCounts TD Community Music Program in the last 5 years
– Private foundations
– Political organizations
– Athletic teams or social groups
– Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, disability or religion
– Organizations or events which are not open to members of the general public
– Research organizations or projects
– Fundraising events (e.g., golf tournaments, school events)
– Scholarship organizations
The MusiCounts TD Community Music Program recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
– Economic need of the non-profit/charitable organization.
– Number of youth impacted by the music program.
– Dedication of pre-existing staff & facilities to house/manage the music program.
– Overall impact the MusiCounts TD Community Music Program will make within the local community.
This program is intended to provide musical instruments and equipment only. MusiCounts works directly with musical instruments and equipment suppliers, therefore, we will not fund:
– Operational expenses
– Space rentals / construction
– Travel and competition expenses
For the application, please click here: