Band Aid Program
Please Note: Band Aid Program Applications for the 2016-2017 school year are now closed
MusiCounts Band Aid Program is intended to equip school music programs with the necessities to give students the chance to discover their talent, empowering them with skills that will help them excel both in the classroom and beyond! These grants have the potential to be transformational and impact thousands of young Canadians and support diverse music programs in communities across Canada.
Applications for the 2016-2017 school year are now closed. Program recipients will be announced in 2017.
MusiCounts Band Aid Program awards in $5,000 and $10,000 allotments and go toward the purchase of musical instruments and educational equipment. The total amount given out depends on the program budget each year.
MusiCounts Band Aid Program is awarded to public (elementary, secondary & separate) schools in urban, rural, remote and First Nations communities across Canada. The grants impact thousands of young Canadians and support diverse music programs like concert and jazz bands, guitar and vocal ensembles, etc.
The following types of organizations, activities or purposes are not eligible for consideration:
– School music programs outside of Canada
– Schools that charge tuition
– Private foundations
– Political organizations
– Athletic teams or social groups
– Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, disability or religion
– Organizations or events which are not open to members of the general public
– Research organizations or projects
– Fundraising events (e.g., golf tournaments, school events)
– Scholarship organizations
– Schools that have received a MusiCounts Band Aid Grant in the last 5 years
The MusiCounts Band Aid Program recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
– Socio-economic need
– Inventory and conditions of instruments
– Number of students impacted by the music program.
– Dedication of school staff community
– Overall impact the MusiCounts Band Aid Grant will make within the school and the local community.
To apply, or for more information, please click here: